FarmBot Genesis XL v1.7
Our flagship kit for prosumers and enthusiasts, Genesis XL covers 125% the area of Express XL and has more advanced features and customization options. Covering 4x the area of Genesis, Genesis XL can grow enough veggies for a family of four, provides ample room for student competitions, and can take research experiments to new scale. Suitable for fixed installations only.
v1.7 kits are expected to ship in January.
New in v1.7
- FarmBot Genesis now comes 90% pre-assembled in the box! The left and right gantry columns, cross-slide, z-axis, cable carriers with cables and tubes, and all of FarmBot's tools come completely pre-assembled. Just screw the major subassemblies together and you're nearly finished. Assembly time is estimated to be just 3 hours.
- Completely redesigned custom track extrusions allow for quick installation onto a raised bed with 80% fewer parts.
- Weight savings and optimizations throughout the kit provide for more robust and reliable movements , as well as more economical and sustainable packaging design.
Note: Updated photos coming soon
If you are located outside the USA, you will need to pay additional import taxes and/or duties on this item. FarmBot Inc. does not have a tax collection relationship with your country or territory.
- Max growing area: ~2.9m x ~5.9m
- Max plant height: ~0.5m
- Machine width: Up to 3m
- Machine length: Up to 6m
- Machine height: 0.5 to 1.5m
- Hardware version: v1.7
What’s in the box
- Pre-assembled left and right gantry columns
- Pre-assembled cross-slide and z-axis
- Pre-assembled cable carriers with cables and tubing
- Pre-assembled seed injector tool with vacuum pump, tubing, seed bin, seed tray, seed troughs, seed trough holder, and customizable luer lock needles
- Pre-assembled watering nozzle tool with solenoid valve, tubing, and adapters for a standard US garden hose
- Pre-assembled soil sensor tool
- Pre-assembled rotary tool with adjustable motor angle and interchangeable bits
- All aluminum tracks, gantry, and z-axis extrusions
- 5mm anodized aluminum plates
- Stainless steel rubber sealed ball bearings and stainless steel hardware
- Injection molded UV stabilized ABS plastic components
- Four NEMA 17 stepper motors with rotary encoders for precision position tracking
- GT2 timing belts and aluminum pulleys
- 8mm stainless steel leadscrew and delrin block
- IP67 rainproof power supply with 110 and 220V AC input
- Raspberry Pi 4 and microSD card
- Farmduino microcontroller with integrated Trinamic TMC2130 stepper drivers and peripheral load detection circuitry
- Custom rainproof electronics enclosure
- Universal tool mount and cable
- IP67 rainproof USB camera and mount
- Two 3-slot toolbays
- All tools needed for assembly
What you need to provide
- Planter Bed
- Electricity from a standard outlet
- Water supply
- Internet connection
Please see our supporting infrastructure page for additional details.
You control and configure FarmBot using the free FarmBot web application at my.farm.bot. We expect to indefinitely offer free service adequate for home growing needs, though we may charge for commercial or industrial FarmBot usage, for FarmBots larger than 3m x 6m in area, for FarmBots growing large numbers of plants concurrently, for multi-bot/multi-user management, for advanced features, and/or for other increased account limits. You can always host the software on your own server if you do not want to use our service.
We’re committed to providing you with the highest quality product. As we continue to develop FarmBot hardware and software, we will make changes. The final product that we ship to you may be different than the one shown in our videos, photos, documentation, and as described on our websites. If anything is damaged or defective, we will replace the parts free of charge within 30 days of delivery of the product. See our limited warranty for more information.
Import taxes and import management actions (for customers outside of the US)
As an importer of a good into your country, you (the customer) are responsible for all customs duties, value added taxes, fees, tariffs, or import taxes to your country and state/province. Please check with your customs office prior to ordering so that you know what to expect ahead of time. We use the harmonization code 8479.89.9499 and we can provide you with a commercial invoice. Because there are so many different countries and tax rates, we are unable to give you specific tax advice. Again, please contact your customs office prior to ordering.
You (the customer) will also be responsible for managing the import process. You may need to take import management action such as giving import instructions to your countries' customs office, and providing importer documentation as your package clears through customs FarmBot Inc is not responsible for the import brokerage or management release of the FarmBot packages from customs to the customer.
Please review our full shipping policy.