- Level surface: FarmBot requires a perfectly level garden bed. A slanted garden bed will result in motor stalls that prevent the device from performing its job.
- Excellent WiFi: Being a constrained real-time system, FarmBot has higher WiFi quality requirements than consumer-grade products. Poor WiFi and misconfigured security software will prevent FarmBot from connecting properly and is the leading cause of setup problems for new users. Please contact FarmBot support prior to purchase if you are unsure of the network's ability to support a device.
- Basic computer skills. FarmBot requires some computer and mechanical skills to set up and operate. FarmBot provides customers with 1-on-1 support, but limitations apply (see below).
FarmBot requires basic computer and mechanical skills to install and operate. The majority of our customers do not require any technical support and are able to install FarmBot using the provided online materials (see below). Initial setup will require several hours of configuration and learning to become completely operational. Please schedule adequate time to learn about the software and hardware systems. FarmBot is extremely customizable. We cannot provide support to customers that use unofficial parts or intend to use the device in ways it was not designed to operate.
We provide limited troubleshooting and technical support for customers that require extra help with their installation. Free support is limited to 3 hours (180 minutes). Support is non-transferrable and expires 24 months after purchase of a kit. Additional support time may be purchased beyond the three hours of free support at a rate of $100 an hour.
Resources for New Users:
- Official Software Documentation
- FarmBot Genesis Hardware Documentation
- FarmBot Express Hardware Documentation
- FarmBot Community Forum - The FarmBot forum is a community portal where FarmBot customers can share their work and help other users solve common problems. Please note that not all forum users are FarmBot employees.