FarmBot is 100% Open-Source
View our step-by-step assembly instructions to get your FarmBot up and running. Then dive into the CAD models, schematics, and bill of materials to modify, repair, and build upon your FarmBot.
Watch our videos and read the software documentation to learn the ins and outs of the FarmBot web app. Then use our developer resources to build plugins or make contributions to the open-source repositories.
Augment FarmBot to suit your needs
Power FarmBot with Solar
FarmBot grown veggies already have a lower CO2 footprint than those purchased at the average US grocery store. Go one step further in reducing impact by powering FarmBot with solar.
See how →
Built to respect your freedom
You are free to use FarmBot as you wish, repair it, change it to suit your needs, and share your modifications in order to help others. We believe these freedoms are vitally important for everyone to have and exercise because they are what empower us to take back control and regain true ownership of our food system.READ MORE ABOUT YOUR FREEDOMS
Designed by a global team
Founded in 2016, our small company has grown to include members in California, Oregon, Illinois, Canada, and Belgium. To date, we've shipped more than 1,000 FarmBot kits to customers in over 65 countries, giving this project a truly global reach.
About Our Company
FarmBot Inc. is a California Benefit Corporation founded in San Luis Obispo
Coded into our bylaws are the following specific benefit purposes
Openly share our products
Our company is founded on the belief that a more open food system is a better one. The following aspects of our products will be openly shared at the time the product is publicly released:
- Hardware designs shall be released in accordance with the Open Source Hardware Association’s definition of open source hardware.
- Software source code shall be released under a permissive license approved by the Open Source Initiative.
- Documentation shall be released under a license conforming to the definition of “open” put forth by the Open Knowledge Foundation.
Openly share our business
We believe that business is a powerful agent for change, and like our products, it can be more powerful when its details are openly shared for inspection, modification, and replication by others. The following aspects of our business will be shared for the benefit of our company, our customers, aspiring entrepreneurs, and the FarmBot community at large.
- Detailed sales and financial information including but not limited to revenues, expenditures, profits, salaries, investments, and taxes.
- Cultural, operational, and strategic insights that we determine important to our growth and success.
- We will default to transparency in all aspects of our business except when there are individual or partnership privacy concerns.
1% for the community
Each year, we shall contribute one percent (1%) of our annual net revenue towards furthering The FarmBot Project’s mission to “Grow a community that produces free and open-source hardware plans, software, data, and documentation enabling everyone to build and operate a farming machine.” Contributions shall consist of cash, products, and services that directly help to maintain and grow the community.
Be good people
We strive to do the right thing in every situation: for each other, our customers, the environment, and all of our stakeholders. We make ethics, integrity, transparency, and community the cornerstones of our business.