Genesis and Genesis XL v1.6 Manufacturing Update
Over the last few months we have been working hard with our manufacturing partners to design, test, and build the new FarmBot Genesis and Genesis XL v1.6 kits. This latest iteration of our flagship product line includes many new features and improvements over our v1.5 kits which we are excited to get into the hands of new customers:
- A new Rotary Tool will allow FarmBot to perform light-duty weed whacking and drilling operations. It features an adjustable motor angle, optional shaft extension, and a drill chuck compatible with most Dremel style bits.
- A new Farmduino featuring a stall-detecting motor driver dedicated to operating the Rotary Tool and other motorized UTM tools. Also features an improved voltage supply to the Raspberry Pi and new connectors for shielded cabling.
- An improved vacuum pump with soft-start circuitry, EMI filtering, and shielded cabling.
- A new 2-piece shielded UTM cable with a 90-degree waterproof screw-together connector at the Y/Z cable carrier interface.
- New shielded cabling and connectors for the power supply.
- Improved cable management along the X-axis.
- Pre-assembled Watering Nozzle, Seeder, Soil Sensor, Weeder, and Rotary tools.
- Improvements to packaging recyclability.
While we wish these new kits were ready to go by now, unfortunately we have hit some engineering and manufacturing speed bumps and we need more time to get everything finished to the quality and reliability our customers expect. Additionally, global shipping speeds and supply chains are still heavily impacted, further pushing out our timeline for delivery to customers.
All things considered, Genesis and Genesis XL v1.6 pre-orders are now expected to ship in November or December of 2021. We thank you for your patience as we work through the final stages of production!