December 7, 2020 Software Update
Today we deployed a new version of the FarmBot web app, and last week we released FBOS v12.2.3. Here’s what’s new:
A new profile viewer in the farm designer allows for the visualization of a cross-section of your garden including plants, weeds, the FarmBot, tools and slots, the soil level, and the safe height. To open the profile viewer, click the terrain icon in the light-purple-ish semi-circle at the bottom center of the app.
Once you have the profile viewer open, click in the map to view the contents of that cross-section. Note that there is a simplified, minimalist profile view when you first open the viewer. To view the expanded viewer with all garden objects, click the ^ button.
Use the AXIS toggle to switch between X and Y axis profiles, and the WIDTH input to narrow or broaden the profile area. Enable FOLLOW to use FarmBot’s current location as the profile position.
Home button improvement
The home button in the controls panel will now display a magnifying glass icon whenever the home button’s behavior is set to PERFORM HOMING (FIND HOME) as opposed to just going to the home position.
- Fixed a bug related to displaying photos in the Safari web browser. Thank you @Stephanvl for the report!
- Added additional performance monitoring capabilities to FarmBot OS.
- Removed support for firmware DEBUG logs in order to improve performance on CPU constrained devices like FarmBot Express.
- Performed routine dependency updates and improved test coverage of FarmBot OS.
- Completed the transition off of the previous over-the-air update system. If you have a FarmBot with an older version of FBOS, you may need to reflash your device with the latest OS.
- Removed “Tool Mount” as an option in the MARK AS sequence command for FarmBot Express devices which do not have a universal tool mount.