FarmBot Genesis v1.6 Pre-Order
Our flagship kit for prosumers and enthusiasts, Genesis covers 125% the area of Express and has more advanced features and customization options. Suitable for fixed or mobile raised beds in classrooms, research labs, and small backyards.
Pre-orders are expected to ship in November or December of 2021
FOR INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS OUTSIDE THE USA:
Please note, you will need to pay additional import taxes and/or duties on this item. FarmBot Inc. does not have a tax collection relationship with your country or territory.
- Max growing area: ~1.4m x ~2.9m
- Max plant height: ~0.5m
- Machine width: Up to 1.5m
- Machine length: Up to 3m
- Machine height: 0.5 to 1.5m
- Hardware version: v1.6
What’s in the box
- Aluminum extrusions for the tracks, gantry, and z-axis
- 5mm anodized aluminum plates
- V-wheels with stainless steel rubber sealed ball bearings
- Injection molded UV stabilized ABS plastic components
- Stainless steel screws, tee nuts, spacers, and other hardware
- Four NEMA 17 stepper motors with rotary encoders and cables
- GT2 timing belts and aluminum pulleys
- Durable plastic cable carriers
- 8mm high tolerance stainless steel leadscrew and delrin block
- IP67 rainproof power supply with 110 and 220V AC input
- Raspberry Pi 3 and microSD card
- Farmduino microcontroller with integrated Trinamic TMC2130 stepper drivers and peripheral load detection circuitry
- Custom rainproof electronics enclosure
- Universal tool mount, cover, and 12-wire cable
- Seed injector tool with vacuum pump, tubing, seed bin, seed tray, seed troughs, seed trough holder, and customizable luer lock needles (3 sizes included)
- Watering nozzle tool with solenoid valve, tubing, and adapters for a standard US garden hose
- Soil sensor tool
- Weeding tool with customizable implements
- NEW: Rotary tool (details to come)
- IP67 rainproof USB Camera and mounting hardware
- Two 3-slot toolbays
- All tools needed for assembly
What you need to provide
- Planter Bed – FarmBot Genesis is designed to attach to a raised bed or similar infrastructure. Materials for this are not included because every installation will be different.
- Electricity – The power supply needs to be plugged into a 110 or 220V AC GFCI outlet. FarmBot ships with a 30cm (1ft) power cord with a standard US 3-prong plug. You must connect this to your own extension cord of appropriate length. Alternatively you can power FarmBot with solar.
- Water – The solenoid valve that controls FarmBot’s watering has a 3/4″ female Garden Hose Thread (GHT) connection, meaning you can take a standard US garden hose and screw it into your FarmBot. You will need to provide a hose of the appropriate length.
- Internet – FarmBot can only be programmed and controlled using the web application, meaning an active internet connection is required to send and receive data. The Raspberry Pi has built-in WiFi, though you may need to reposition your WiFi router, install a WiFi repeater, or use an ethernet cable to ensure a reliable connection. Alternatively you can run FarmBot on your local network with a local installation of the FarmBot web app.
You control and configure FarmBot using the free FarmBot web application at my.farm.bot. We expect to indefinitely offer free service adequate for home growing needs, though we may charge for commercial or industrial FarmBot usage, for FarmBots larger than 3m x 6m in area, for FarmBots growing large numbers of plants concurrently, for multi-bot/multi-user management, for advanced features, and/or for other increased account limits. You can always host the software on your own server if you do not want to use our service.
We’re committed to providing you with the highest quality product. As we continue to develop FarmBot hardware and software, we will make changes. The final product that we ship to you may be different than the one shown in our videos, photos, documentation, and as described on our websites. If anything is damaged or defective, we will replace the parts free of charge within 30 days of delivery of the product. See our limited warranty for more information.
Import taxes and import management actions (for customers outside of the US)
As an importer of a good into your country, you (the customer) are responsible for all customs duties, value added taxes, fees, tariffs, or import taxes to your country and state/province. Please check with your customs office prior to ordering so that you know what to expect ahead of time. We use the harmonization code 8479.89.9499 and we can provide you with a commercial invoice. Because there are so many different countries and tax rates, we are unable to give you specific tax advice. Again, please contact your customs office prior to ordering.
You (the customer) will also be responsible for managing the import process. You may need to take import management action such as giving import instructions to your countries' customs office, and providing importer documentation as your package clears through customs FarmBot Inc is not responsible for the import brokerage or management release of the FarmBot packages from customs to the customer.
Please review our full shipping policy.