FarmBot Express XL v1.0
Express XL is 4x larger than Express and capable of feeding a family of four. If you have the space, increase your yield and return on investment with this easy-to-use device.
FOR INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS OUTSIDE THE USA:
Please note, you will need to pay additional import taxes and/or duties on this item. FarmBot Inc. does not have a tax collection relationship with your country or territory.
- Max serviceable area: ~2.3m x ~5.7m
- Max plant height: ~0.5m
- Machine width: Up to 2.4m
- Machine length: Up to 6m
- Machine height: 0.5 to 1.5m
- Hardware version: v1.0
What’s in the box
- Pre-assembled left and right gantry columns with wheel plates, wheels, corner brackets, motors, solenoid valve, and electronics box.
- Pre-assembled electronics box features a Farmduino Express board with Trinamic TMC2130 stepper drivers, Raspberry Pi Zero, and external E-stop button.
- Pre-assembled gantry main beams with cable carrier supports.
- Pre-assembled cross-slide and Z-axis with stainless steel leadscrew, Z-axis cable carrier and supports, vacuum pump, camera, 3-in-1 tool head, and Y- and Z-axis motors.
- Gantry joining bracket
- X- and Y-axis cable carriers
- 2.4m long LED light strip
- GT2 timing belts and mounting hardware
- Gantry-mounted seed tray holster with two seed trays
- Luer lock needles for seed injection
- IP67 rainproof power supply with 110 and 220V AC input
Expected box size and weight
FarmBot Express XL will ship 95% pre-assembled in one box. Please note, the following box specs are subject to change.
Box size: 23cm x 43cm x 122cm (9in x 17in x 48in)
Box weight: 20kg (44lbs)
What you need to provide
- Planter Bed – FarmBot Express XL is designed to mount onto a raised bed or similar infrastructure. We do not recommend making a mobile raised bed for our XL sized FarmBots because it would be too heavy to move. Materials for this are not included because every installation will be different.
- Electricity – The power supply needs to be plugged into a 110 or 220V AC GFCI outlet. FarmBot ships with a 30cm (1ft) power cord with a standard US 3-prong plug. You must connect this to your own extension cord of appropriate length. Alternatively you can power FarmBot with solar.
- Water – FarmBot comes with a 3/4″ female Garden Hose Thread (GHT) connection, meaning you can take a standard US garden hose and screw it into your FarmBot. You will need to provide a hose of the appropriate length.
- Internet – FarmBot can only be programmed and controlled using the web application, meaning an active internet connection is required to send and receive data. The Raspberry Pi has built-in WiFi, though you may need to reposition your WiFi router or install a WiFi repeater to ensure a reliable connection.
You control and configure FarmBot using the free FarmBot web application at my.farm.bot. We expect to indefinitely offer free service adequate for home growing needs, though we may charge for commercial or industrial FarmBot usage, for FarmBots larger than 3m x 6m in area, for FarmBots growing large numbers of plants concurrently, for multi-bot/multi-user management, for advanced features, and/or for other increased account limits. You can always host the software on your own server if you do not want to use our service.
We’re committed to providing you with the highest quality product. As we continue to develop FarmBot hardware and software, we will make changes. The final product that we ship to you may be different than the one shown in our videos, photos, documentation, and as described on our websites. If anything is damaged or defective, we will replace the parts free of charge within 30 days of delivery of the product. See our limited warranty for more information.
Import taxes and import management actions (for customers outside of the US)
As an importer of a good into your country, you (the customer) are responsible for all customs duties, value added taxes, fees, tariffs, or import taxes to your country and state/province. Please check with your customs office prior to ordering so that you know what to expect ahead of time. We use the harmonization code 8479.89.9499 and we can provide you with a commercial invoice. Because there are so many different countries and tax rates, we are unable to give you specific tax advice. Again, please contact your customs office prior to ordering.
You (the customer) will also be responsible for managing the import process. You may need to take import management action such as giving import instructions to your countries' customs office, and providing importer documentation as your package clears through customs FarmBot Inc is not responsible for the import brokerage or management release of the FarmBot packages from customs to the customer.
Please review our full shipping policy.